07 July 2011

Cloudy Sky

I would like to share with you some of my pictures. These are clouds observed above Lewisham, Greenwich and Blackheath. Few of them are quite interesting for their shape, such as resembling UFO ship or a shark.
Clouds form fantastic shapes and figures and with a bit of imagination you can see many figures. 

On few pictures you can see something resembling (or maybe not?) two ghosts crossing the rainbow; a big bright light in the middle of the storm cloud (just reflection of the sun light from the opposite side) looking like ... I'm living this to you. Take your time and enjoy. :)

Cloudy Sky

Some pictures were taken with old 2mg pix mobile phone camera because I didn't have anything else at hand but coming storm clouds or sunset were so amazing I had to capture the moment regardless! I'm grateful for such invention.

It was also first time I was able to observe a fairly big storm cloud approaching, passing by at distance and leaving without a drop of rain where I was, see a rainbow and strange shapes. And all this with sun setting down, shining from behind for most of the time! It was spectacular, visual experience, so I hope that you will see/feel it too.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You have captured really beautiful photos! I especially like the "Strom cloud seen form Shooters Hill". It can definitely be taken for a huge UFO sending down or picking up something. You never know... Hehe. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos of the sky and the clouds are wonderful ~ full of wonder! I'm a big sky watcher and have seen such beauty there it made me dizzy. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you liked them. I published some more on FB profile and in Picasa. My Flickr account is exhausted :)
    And more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It isn't easy to take good cloud pictures, but you've done very well here. And clouds are even more interesting when you understand the processes that create them. I take quite a lot of cloud pics, but to date I've only ever posted one on my blog: the Sky Dragon appears on every page of my blog, so scroll down to the bottom to see it (and read anything that takes your fancy on the way down). It was taken from my balcony in Hong Kong one morning as the sun was rising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Dennins :)

    Your dragon is indeed amazing. Every picture of a cloud is unique and can be taken only once. But the moment when is taken makes or break it :) Your dragon is spot on!

    Please feel free to take a look at my clouds on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/igytomas/sets/72157625289809765/
    I gees you will like them :)

    ReplyDelete